There is a magical mix of colours in this Candytuft Fairy Mixture
Growing Height: up to 20cm Plant Type: Hardy Perennial
These Candytuft Seeds ARE available to Purchase NOW but WONT BE DELIVERED until September/October which is the right time for sowing and planting
- Easy to grow, compact plant, producing dwarf flowers throughout the summer.
- Candytuft Fairy mixture will fill borders and containers with masses of showy blooms in shades of pink, lilac, and white.
- Extremely colourful and scented blooms.
- A real cottage garden favourite which is loved by butterflies, bees and pollinators.
Sowing Instructions Sow indoors for best results anytime from October until April in a seed tray of fine, quality compost. Sow seeds evenly on the soil surface and keep in a cold frame, unheated greenhouse or windowsill. Continue to water until the seedlings appear, germination can take between 3 to 6 weeks. Once the seedlings are large enough to handle, separate each young plant into individual pots ready to acclimatise to the outdoors. Plants can be transplanted where they are to flower from May.
- Alternatively sow seeds directly outdoors from mid-March until June, into finely raked, moist compost, when the ground is a little warmer.
Germination can take up to 3 weeks. When seedlings are large enough to handle, thin out to approximately 20cm, as they will spread out as they grow
Easy to grow
Candytuft prefers a sunny location with well draining soil, but will grow easily in a shady spot.
Removing the dead heads will prolong the flowering season and produce more blooms.
Do not eat ornamental flowers or seeds.
Always wear gloves when gardening and wash hands thoroughly when finished.
These Petunia Seeds ARE available to Purchase NOW but WONT BE DELIVERED until September/October which is the right time for sowing and planting