Each Chives Planter Set contains
- 1 x Packets of Chive Seeds
- 1 x Attractive Plant pot
Growing Instructions for Chives Planter Set
- Sow indoors from February to May.
- Fill each pot with compost and dampen the compost
- Sow seeds evenly on compost surface and press them lightly into the compost
- Moisten the compost lightly using a hand sprayer not a watering can.
- Cover the pots with a plastic bag to create humidity
- Compost should be misted to keep it moist to touch but be careful not to over-water
- When the seedlings emerge, remove plastic bag, water and turn pot regularly
- The Chive Plants can, be kept inside but they may do better outdoors particularly in the summer.
The earlier in the season that you sow the seed then the hotter the flavour will be at harvest time.
Always use a scissors to harvest to avoid damaging the plant.