Conservation Bat Box
- Product Details
- Conservation Bat Box Details
The Conservation Bat Box is part of our range of high-specification habitats aimed at conservation professionals & pro landscapers.
- The Conservation Bat Box has twin vertical chambers with the angled cut-away front showing ladder style grooves. This allows the bat to climb into the preferred chamber.
- Designed for multi-species, the sections may access inspection by licensed bat workers via the hinged roof secured by a removable screw. (Earlier variant also had a brass catch).
- It is handmade from untreated solid, high quality, durable FSC certified timber which provides longevity and excellent insulation.
- Bats are susceptible to smell and will be deterred by any treatments applied.
- Decorative front finish, water-based paint only.
- Designed to allow bat droppings to fall to the floor. Therefore, the bat box doesn't require a licenced bat worker for cleaning.
- Dimensions: 44.4 x 25 x 14.5 cm
- Weight: 2.4kg
- Site the Conservation Bat Box high up, between 2.5m and 5m on a building or mature tree.
- Hang using the pre-drilled recycled plastic hanger.
- The ideal aspect is North, South West or South East., so the box receives only part sun during the day.
- If it is on an existing feeding or flight route, you are more likely to get an occupation.
- It is illegal for any member of the public to disturb a roost, handle or kill any bat. Bat boxes, therefore, must only be inspected by licensed bat workers.
- However, you can monitor your bat box without disturbance, look for mouse-sized droppings beneath the box as a clue to occupation or observe from a distance at dusk to see if bats are exiting the box to hunt.
We aim to deliver all items within 72 hours of order however, please be aware that some items may temporarily run out of stock so please allow up to 15 working days for delivery. Items are rarely delayed but it does happen from time to time.
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.