First Earlies Seed Potatoes
- Product Details and Varieties Available
- Delivery Details
First Earlies Seed Potatoes can be planted from January to March. Planting potatoes this early means you will be harvesting from May to July, but beware of frost as this will damage the young plants.
Be prepared for spring 2024 and order your seed potatoes now, and have them delivered in February/early March 2024 just in time for planting.
Stocks are very limited this year so do order early
Please Note: These are a pre season item and as such, if you are ordering other items along with the pre season Seed Potatoes, all will be delivered with the seed potatoes
If you don’t have a lot of space in your garden for Seed Potatoes then you should concentrate on the First Earlies Seed Potatoes types because they can be planted closer together (30–40 cm apart in rows that are approx 40–50 cm apart) and are less likely to suffer from blight and other disease.
First Earlies Seed Potatoes are ready 15–16 weeks after planting.
First Earlies Seed Potatoes varieties available: Click on the drop-down above to select your chosen variety
- Home Guard - My favourite early potato, firm and full of flavour when cooked. This perfect all rounder has a short dormancy period making them very early on harvesting. A high yielding, short oval tubered variety that has white skins and a white creamy-floury textured flesh that give an excellent flavour. This wartime variety was introduced in 1942 and is still as popular within the kitchen today as it was then.
- Orla - A blight-resistant salad Cream skin and pale yellow flesh. Although it's a first early variety, it can also be grown as a second early and early maincrop
- Duke Of York - early harvesting 'Heritage Potato' first bred in 1891 that as become famous for it's superb rich flavour. A cream skinned oval tuber with a light-yellow waxy flesh making them perfect for freshly boiled new potatoes or salads. The plant itself is lowing growing therefore making them suitable to be grown in windy gardens.
- Solist - Extremely early harvesting variety that produces high yields of medium sized round to oval shaped tubers that store well. Yellow skinned potatoes with a firm yellow flesh that are excellent served hot or cold with Salads.
All seed potatoes varieties are supplied in recycled/recyclabe and compostable packaging. All my seed potatoes are delivered to me loose in hessian bags and so no plastic packaging is used in the supply of these seed potatoes
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.