Ladybird and Insect Lodge
- Product Details
- Ladybird Facts
- Product Details
Our new Ladybird lodge is designed as a safe retreat for beneficial insects. One Ladybird can eat as many as 20,000 greenfly in a lifetime so now you can see why they are so important in the garden.
By encouraging natural predators into your garden, you can avoid the use of garden chemicals and be kind to the natural world.
The hinged roof opens so that you can introduce your own natural materials, rose cuttings, twigs, bark & straw to enhance the sheltered environment.
- A seven-spot ladybird can eat up to 50 aphids a day.
- Ladybirds are also known as ladybugs.
- Site your Ladybird Lodge near a natural food source such as pesky aphids
- The ladybird lodge is made from environmentally sustainable FSC certified timber.
- The lower chamber features cosy bamboo tubes for overwintering ladybirds, lacewings and invertebrates.
- Additionally, the wooden front ledge features drilled holes for nesting solitary bees, another great friend of the gardener doing lots of pollination of plants and flowers.
- The Ladybird Lodge is also designed to accept live ladybirds available to order online from specialist suppliers.
- You can introduce the ladybirds into the lodge, where they will venture out to eat garden pests such as aphids such as greenflies, scale insects, and mites.
- You can view your garden helpers through the perspex side window.
- Dimensions: 26 x 12 x 15 cm
- Weight: 575grammes
We aim to deliver all items within 72 hours of order however, please be aware that some items may temporarily run out of stock so please allow up to 15 working days for delivery. Items are rarely delayed but it does happen from time to time.
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.