Red Hot Chili Kit
- Product Details
- Each Red Hot Chili Kit contains
- Growing Instructions for Red Hot Chili Kit
- 6 x Packets of Chilli Seeds
- 6 x Plant Labels
- 6 x Compostable and biodegradable plant pots
- 1 x Plastic Plant Propagator tray and lid
- 1 x bag of compost
- 1 x Mini Growing Guide
- Sow indoors from February to May.
- Germination can take 21-28 days, so don't panic if you dont see instant results.
- Fill each pot with compost and dampen the compost
- Place 3 seeds per pot and very lightly cover the seed with some compost
- Moisten the compost lightly using a hand sprayer not a watering can.
- Place the pots with seeds into the propagator and cover with the lid.
- Compost should be misted to keep it moist to touch but be careful not to over-water
- When the seedlings have 2 or more pairs of leaves they can be re-potted individually into larger pots and placed in a sunny position
- When all risk of frost has passed you can harden the chili plants off by moving them outside for a few hours each day for 5- days before leaving them outside.
- They can, of course be kept inside during the summer if you wish and they may do better indoors particularly if the summer weather isn't wonderful!
- If you are planting them in beds outdoors then allow 30-40cm spacing between plants
The earlier in the season that you sow the seed then the hotter the flavour will be at harvest time.
Always use a scissors to harvest to avoid damaging the plant.