Seed Mat for Butterflies
The Seed Mat for Butterflies is an ideal way to start and develop a rich flower area to attract butterflies and other beneficial insects to your garden
- Size: 200 x 50 cm
- Contains: Knapweed Mix, Red Campion, Corn Chamomile, Corn Marigold, Betony, Corn Poppy, Lady's Bedstraw, Corn Cockle, Yarrow, Cornflower, Ragged Robin, Hawkweed, Dyers Chamomile, Sweet William and Catchfly.
Sow this Seed Mat during September/October or else during March, April and May, directly where you want the plants to establish, sit back and enjoy masses of wildflowers in full bloom during the summer months.
Sowing wild flower seeds plays a vital role in sustaining pollinators.
Also referred to as a seed carpet, this Seed Mat for Butterflies is made up of two layers of biodegradable tissue paper with wildflower seeds between them.
Butterflies love the varieties within this mixture of perennial, annual and biennial wild flower species, as they are a great source of nectar and pollen.
Easy to plant...
1. Prepare and level the ground, remove any weeds and stones before planting.
(Mat can be cut down to fit area)
2. Lay the mat flat over the ground and cover with approximately 1 cm of clean soil or compost.
3. Initially water the area thoroughly to ensure the mat is soaked enough to activate germination.
4. Water regularly, especially throughout the warmer summer months.
For best results place in a warm, sunny location with good drainage.
Can also be used in containers and patio tubs.
Wait until the risk of frost has passed before planting.
Some plants can be harmful if consumed or cause irritation if touched.