- Allium Ambassador
- Plant and Planting Details:
- Pre Season Delivery - Please Read Carefully
is a beautiful, early summer flowering bulb. One of my favourite of all the Allium bulbs.
Allium Ambassador is available to purchase now for delivery in Autumn
These Super Size Allium Ambassador bulbs are supplied individually.
- I adore all Alliums, I love the effect their perfection and simplicity brings to the garden and of course they extend the flowering period right into the summer.
- Allium Ambassador is widespread in my garden as I have tried so many of them over the years, this has a stately, elegant presence with a strong colour.
- Each flowering stem can reach up to 1 metre in height and each perfectly formed, globe shaped Ambassador flower will reach about 20cm in diameter and is purple in colour
- Don't be in a mad rush to remove stems once the flowers are gone. I love the seed heads too and the structure the spent flower stems bring to a bed even when the colour has long gone.
- The bulbs I am offering for sale are huge, literally as big as my hand which guarantees good quality blooms next spring.
- They are truly super size bulbs and quite simply, the bigger and better the bulb then the bigger and better the quality of plant and flower that will be produced.
- They come from a supplier whose Alliums I have been planting in gardens for over 10 years and each year the quality is superb.
- Plant 20cm deep and 10cm or more apart
- Stagger the planting over a few weeks in the autumn and winter if you want to and this will result in the blooms opening up over a longer period in the spring
- Size of Bulb 28cm and larger Really Super size bulbs
- Bulbs are supplied individually.
Spring Flowering Bulbs are Available to Pre-Order NOW for Delivery commencing September 2022
Save Money on your Spring Flowering Bulbs by ordering NOW
I take my lead on delivery. directly from the bulb growers, it varies each year as to when they are ready.
I wait until the grower says they are good to go, I am not pressured by when the supermarkets and garden centres have their bulbs available.
If we ship too early the bulbs may not be ready and will then rot.
If they are planted too early in the season then they won't flower at the right time in spring so please be patient, we have to work with Nature on this.
That being said, delivery will commence at some point in Septmeber with the bulk of orders being delivered during October
Spring bulbs vary in cost depending on the time of year. Ordering early in the year means that I can supply them at a better price. These will become more expensive as we get closer to the autumn.
In short, by pre-ordering spring flowering bulbs,
- we save money and
- have a better range to choose from
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.