- Allium Gladiator
- Plant and Planting Details
- Pre Season Delivery - Please Read Carefully
Allium Gladiator is a beautiful, early summer flowering bulb.
One of my absolute favourites of all the Alliums
Allium Gladiator is available to purchase now for delivery in Autumn
These Allium Gladiator bulbs are supplied individually
I adore all Alliums, I love the effect their perfection and simplicity brings to the garden and of course they extend the flowering period right into the summer.
On saying that, Allium Gladiator is widespread in my garden mixed with Allium Ambassador and Allium christophii. This is because it brings the height and the stately elegance that you expect from Alliums but in colour it is paler than Allium Ambassador and so the mixture works perfectly
- Each flowering stem can reach up to 1 metre in height and each perfectly formed, globe shaped Gladiator flower will reach about 20cm in diameter and is purple in colour
- Don't be in a mad rush to remove stems once the flowers are gone. I love the seed heads too and the structure the spent flower stems bring to a bed even when the colour has long gone.
- These, Allium Gladiator come from a supplier whose Alliums I have been planting in gardens for over 10 years and each year the quality is superb.
- Plant 20cm deep and 10cm or more apart
- Stagger the planting of Alliums over a few weeks in the autumn and winter if you want to and this will result in the blooms opening up over a longer period in the spring
- Size of Bulb 20cm+
- Bulbs are supplied individually.
- All the packaging that I use is, where possible either reused, recycled or recyclable. All the bulbs are supplied to me loose in bulk crates so that there is no plastic wrapping or packaging to be dumped.
Spring Flowering Bulbs are Available to Pre-Order NOW for Delivery commencing September 2022
Save Money on your Spring Flowering Bulbs by ordering NOW
I take my lead on delivery. directly from the bulb growers, it varies each year as to when they are ready.
I wait until the grower says they are good to go, I am not pressured by when the supermarkets and garden centres have their bulbs available.
If we ship too early the bulbs may not be ready and will then rot.
If they are planted too early in the season then they won't flower at the right time in spring so please be patient, we have to work with Nature on this.
That being said, delivery will commence at some point in Septmeber with the bulk of orders being delivered during October
Spring bulbs vary in cost depending on the time of year. Ordering early in the year means that I can supply them at a better price. These will become more expensive as we get closer to the autumn.
In short, by pre-ordering spring flowering bulbs,
- we save money and
- have a better range to choose from
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.