Ceramic House Martin Nesting Bowl
- Product Details
- Ceramic House Martin Nesting Bowl Details
- Siting of Ceramic House Martin Nesting Bowl
- Monitoring & Inspection
- Maintenance and Details Ceramic House Martin Nesting Bowl
House martins have declined in recent years due to modern house design and loss of eaves nesting space. However, you may be able to help these summer migrants by putting up our ready-made Ceramic House Martin Nesting Bowls
This grey, ceramic House Martin nesting bowl is supplied on FSC certified timber mounting board.
Attractive design, fashioned to replicate the shape and form of natural house martin nests.
It has a rough texture to the bowl, and the entrance scoop is in a central position.
Dimensions: 12.5 x 20.2 x 12.5 cm
- Weight 1.2kg
Mount the nesting bowl high up on a building.
Tight to the eaves or under guttering using the pre-drilled holes in the wooden backplate.
The ideal direction is north or east facing.
- Nesting is most likely during April and May and in the event of chicks hatching there will be frenetic feeding activity by the parent birds.
- Take care not to disturb during this time as any intervention may result in the parent birds' eggs or young being abandoned.
- Maintenance-free once installed. Just sit back and enjoy these delightful birds that love to live alongside us in our buildings.
We aim to deliver all items within 72 hours of order however, please be aware that some items may temporarily run out of stock so please allow up to 15 working days for delivery. Items are rarely delayed but it does happen from time to time.
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.