Ceramic Swallow Nesting Bowl
- Product Details
- Ceramic Swallow Nesting Bowl Details
- Siting of Ceramic Swallow Nesting Bowl
- Monitoring & Inspection
- Maintenance and Details Ceramic Swallow Nesting Bowl
Summer swallows are a delightful feature of our countryside and fields where they are hunting their insect prey on the wing.
You can help these summer migrants by putting up our ready-made Ceramic Swallow Nesting Bowl to maximise their breeding potential near their hunting grounds.
Ceramic Swallow Nesting Bowl is supplied in grey unglazed ceramic with FSC certified timber mounting board.
They like to build their nests in and around barns, garages, stables and outbuildings.
The design of our Ceramic Swallow Nesting Bowl replicates the shape and form of natural swallow nests.
Dimensions: 12.5 x 20.2 x 12.5 cm
- Weight 1.2kg
Mount high up inside an outbuilding with easy access to the outdoors using the pre-drilled holes in the wooden backplate.
- Nesting is most likely during April and May and in the event of chicks hatching there will be frenetic feeding activity by the parent birds.
- Take care not to disturb during this time as any intervention may result in the parent birds' eggs or young being abandoned.
- Once installed, it should be maintenance-free, and you can look forward to looking up to see the gaping mouths of the young as they wait for returning adults.
We aim to deliver all items within 72 hours of order however, please be aware that some items may temporarily run out of stock so please allow up to 15 working days for delivery. Items are rarely delayed but it does happen from time to time.
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.
Spring bulbs vary in cost depending on the time of year. Ordering early in the year means that I can supply them at a better price. These will become more expensive as we get closer to the autumn.
In short, by pre-ordering spring flowering bulbs,
- we save money and
- have a better range to choose from