Dovecote Nest Box
- Product Details
- Dovecote Nest Box Details
- Siting of Dovecote Nest Box
- Monitoring & Inspection
- Maintenance and Details Dovecote Nest Box
This, Dovecote Nest Box is our latest decorative bird nest box for small birds in the style of a traditional dovecote.
Made of made of FSC certified timber, this Dovecote Nest Box will make a really beautiful addition to your garden
- The roof has handmade timber shingles topped with a white finial. Black steel hopes around the flat-backed nest box offer structural stability with a water-based white paint finish.
- The box has a keyhole slot for hanging and an opening back for the nest box's annual cleaning.
- The design is strong and sturdy and made of FSC certified timber. As a result, little maintenance is needed.
- Paint annually, with water-based paint, to maintain a tip-top appearance.
- The box is suitable for small hole-nesting species such as blue tits.
- Dimensions: 47 x 26 x 16 cm
- Weight 2.5kg
- Ideally, it would be best if you situated your Dovecote Nest Box so that the hole faces North, North-East away from the prevailing weather conditions.
- Site the nest box on a tree, wall, fence or building at least 1.5m – 2m above the ground, away from easy access by cats and predators.
- Nesting is most likely during April and May and in the event of chicks hatching there will be frenetic feeding activity by the parent birds.
- Take care not to disturb during this time as any intervention may result in the parent birds' eggs or young being abandoned.
- The nest boxes are made from slow-seasoned FSC timber and may be painted annually with matching water-based paints to maintain their appearance.
- The nest box may be cleaned out of any old nesting material and disinfected with a suitable product outside of the breeding season (Sept to Feb).
We aim to deliver all items within 72 hours of order however, please be aware that some items may temporarily run out of stock so please allow up to 15 working days for delivery. Items are rarely delayed but it does happen from time to time.
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.