Interactive Solitary Bee Hive
- Product Details
- Interactive Solitary Bee Hive Details
Our original design Solitary Bee Hive made even better with an opening lid to see inside!
This bee nester is constructed in durable FSC certified timber with additional stacking trays which can be opened for inspection and cleaning.
Always a friend to the gardener, attracting solitary bees to the garden is not only safe but beneficial to the pollination of flowers, fruit and vegetables.
This habitat's hole sizes are precisely specified to attract non-swarming bees like the Red Mason Bee, Leafcutter Bee, and other solitary bees. These friendly bees are industrious and safe around children and pets. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood, and the Wildlife World solitary beehive provides a habitat that has become harder to find in modern gardens.
Fascinating and great for education, the beehive trays can be carefully separated to view the formation of small cells where the eggs are laid or where predators have been active.
- NEW FEATURE the roof section flips up to reveal a perspex covered tray, allowing frequent, easy monitoring of bee nesting activity and larvae development.
- Site in a sunny position facing between south to the south-east to catch some morning sun.
- Mounting height between ground level and 1.5m.
- No chemical treatments needed as the habitat is made from durable FSC certified timber.
- Stacking trays may be inspected after bee activity has ceased (Autumn/Winter)
- Protect full bee tubes with mesh to prevent predators
- Dimensions: 21 x 18 x 15.5 cm
- Weight: 1.7kg
We aim to deliver all items within 72 hours of order however, please be aware that some items may temporarily run out of stock so please allow up to 15 working days for delivery. Items are rarely delayed but it does happen from time to time.
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.
Spring bulbs vary in cost depending on the time of year. Ordering early in the year means that I can supply them at a better price. These will become more expensive as we get closer to the autumn.
In short, by pre-ordering spring flowering bulbs,
- we save money and
- have a better range to choose from