Crocus sativus - Saffron
- Product Details
- Plant and Planting Details:
- Pre Season Delivery - Please Read Carefully
Grow Your Own Saffron with Crocus sativus - Saffron bulbs
These autumn flowering Crocus sativus are supplied in packets of 10
- Flowering each year during the autumn, Crocus sativus - Saffron bulbs are perfect for growing in bulb drifts or pots.
- You will need a lot of bulbs if you are growing them for the saffron strands within the flowers for it takes about 150 flowers for one gramme of saffron!
- If you would like to create an area of colour in your lawn then these super sized Crocus bulbs are the ones for you as they are perfect for naturalizing
- Plant 5-10cm deep and 5-10cm or more apart
- Stagger the planting over a few weeks if you want to and this will result in the blooms opening up over a longer period in the spring
- Crocus sativus - Saffron bulbs should be planted in late summer/early autumn
- Size of Bulb 10cm and bigger
- I have been growing Crocus sativus - Saffron from this Dutch grower for over 10 years and each year the quality is superb.
- All Pre- Season Orders (Bulbs and Flower Seeds) will be delivered when they arrive in stock. Please note that this is expected to be during September/October
- All my Spring Flowering Bulbs come from suppliers whose flower bulbs I have been planting in gardens for over 10 years and each year the quality is superb.
Spring Flowering Bulbs are Available to Pre-Order NOW for Delivery commencing September 2022
Save Money on your Spring Flowering Bulbs by ordering NOW
I take my lead on delivery. directly from the bulb growers, it varies each year as to when they are ready.
I wait until the grower says they are good to go, I am not pressured by when the supermarkets and garden centres have their bulbs available.
If we ship too early the bulbs may not be ready and will then rot.
If they are planted too early in the season then they won't flower at the right time in spring so please be patient, we have to work with Nature on this.
That being said, delivery will commence at some point in Septmeber with the bulk of orders being delivered during October
Spring bulbs vary in cost depending on the time of year. Ordering early in the year means that I can supply them at a better price. These will become more expensive as we get closer to the autumn.
In short, by pre-ordering spring flowering bulbs,
- we save money and
- have a better range to choose from
To see Our standard, reduced and FREE Delivery Rates click here
Within Ireland, all my deliveries are made by An Post Courier service. Soon, all their vehicles will be electric vehicles and thus, the use of fossil fuels is hugely reduced in the delivery of my orders within Ireland. Packaging, where possible is completely compostable.