About The Irish Gardener, Peter Dowdall
About The Irish Gardener, Peter Dowdall:
All my life I have been interested in and worked in gardens, gardening, landscaping and garden design in Ireland and the UK.
- I only recommend and offer for sale, environmentally sound, sustainable and organic gardening products and plants.
- Here, I can offer for sale plants and products which I like to use in my own garden and in gardens of clients for whom I am working. These are what you'll find in my garden shed so to speak.
- In the real world I work as a garden designer and consultant:
- Maintaining and enhancing biodiversity is one of the challenges facing everyone at the moment and I feel responsible to create gardens which will do just that.
- I use An Post to deliver my orders and this is because they are among the most sustainable delivery companies in the world right now. They have over 2,000 Electric vehicles, Zero waste to landfill over the last 3 years, 100% Renewable energy used in their buiuldings and they are committed to net zero Carbon by 2030 and 50% by 2025
- All my packaging is either compostable and/or re-used and recyclable.
- I present on RTE and Virgin Media television and on radio in Ireland and I am also the Garden Design and Gardening columnist for the Irish Examiner newspaper along with being a regular Features writer for The Irish Garden magazine.
- I am passionate about gardens, gardening, landscaping and plants and I have hopefully managed to share my enthusiasm with many others and helped a few budding gardeners along the way.
- I fervently believe that the garden offers us the solutions to nearly all of our modern day problems:
- Our mental health benefits from just being outside in the Great Outdoors.
- Our physical health is improved by the aerobic workout which a day gardening will provide and also by eating the fresh organic produce from the garden.
- And the garden has critical roles to play in counteracting the effects of climate change and slowing the rate of species extinction
- For more information on my garden design and consultancy service please have a look at my Garden Design website
and you can contact me on
telephone: +353 86 0495930
by post: The Irish Gardener, Suite Cottage Business Park, Carrs Hill, Carrigaline, Cork, Ireland,