First Earlies Seed Potatoes can be planted from January to March. Planting potatoes this early means you will be harvesting from May to July, but beware of frost as this will damage the young plants.
Please DO NOT EXPECT DELIVERY before February 2021 as they will not be ready to plant.
Products on this page are all PRE-SEASON items. If you are ordering them with other (NON pre-season) products from the webstore, please be aware that delivery may be 2-3 weeks after your order
If you don’t have a lot of space in your garden for Seed Potatoes then you should concentrate on the First Earlies Seed Potatoes types because they can be planted closer together (30–40 cm apart in rows that are approx 40–50 cm apart) and are less likely to suffer from blight and other disease.
First Earlies Seed Potatoes are ready 15–16 weeks after planting.
First Earlies Seed Potatoes varieties available: Click on the drop-down above to select your chosen variety
- Duke of York - Heritage variety yellow flesh and oval in shape. Floury in texture
- Home Guard - My favourite early potato, firm and full of flavour when cooked.
- Red Duke of York - oval, red skinned tubers. Soapy, yellow flesh, superb flavour
- Sharpes Express - Cream coloured and floury texture
- Orla - A blight-resistant salad Cream skin and pale yellow flesh. Although it's a first early variety, it can also be grown as a second early and early maincrop
- Organic Coleen – Blight resistant variety with yellow skin and flesh
All seed potatoes varieties are supplied in recycled/recyclabe and compostable packaging. All my seed potatoes are delivered to me loos in hessian bags and so no plastic packaging is used in the supply of these seed potatoes